Monday, May 19, 2008

A very busy Saturday - part 2

After my race we headed back home to set up our little swimming pool. We were going to be babysitting some good friends children, and Etta wanted to go swimming with her friend Emily. This was going to be the first time using our new swimming pool and Etta was excited.


I filled up the pool but Etta couldn't wait. (Still working on getting my backyard enjoyable. Hence the pile of dirt behind the swimming pool.)


Etta had to try it out to make sure it was going to be fun.

Our friends dropped their children off. Before we could go play we needed to eat some lunch. Their little boy Jonathan was extremely tired and so I put him down for his nap. Just than Gibson woke up and was ready to play. Once they were all dressed and sunscreened up we headed outside to climb in the pool.



The girls played, screamed with joy and had so much fun. I took tons of pictures. First they went down on their bums. Then it was tummy's and then they tried going down backwards. No matter which way they went they jumped up to go down the slide again.


Frontwards...


Tummy time...


now Backwards!

I didn't notice Mickey Mouse before but he was playing with them so I went in and got Minnie so they would both have a fun friend to go down the slide together with.


Mickey, Etta, Minnie and Emily



I am sure Mickey had as much fun as the girls did.


Gibson was having fun just sitting in the shade watching the girls play.

I just had to put him in the pool. He hated it. Maybe next time I will get in with him. Hopefully by his birthday he will love it.

Not to sure about the water. Crying and saying "Get me out!"

I put him back on the blanket and he enjoyed holding the phone and playing with his hat.



Clean up was a little bit more challenging. I wrapped the girls up in their towels and took them inside. They were both a little cold so we got them dressed, wrapped them in blankets and laid them on the coach. I then changed Gibby and put him down for a nap. By the time I came upstairs both girls were asleep on the coach. Just darling. We had a lot of fun with Emily and Jonathan.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Em had tons of fun with Etta! Thanks for always being so sweet to my kids and doing great activities whenever you babysit. I'm glad that swimming was a hit!

Cameron Family said...

So cute! I love Gibbys little belly!