Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My turn for Preschool

Me and 4 other mother's put together a little preschool for our girls. The girls are 2 and 3 and have fun playing together and love going to school. The school was 15 weeks long and each mom took 3 weeks being the teacher. We have had lessons from Winter, Valentines, Easter, People in the community,Birds, Insects, Farms and animals, and My body. The last 3 weeks are mine.
Last week we learned about Ocean animals and Summer. It was a lot of fun. I didn't take any pictures so this week I wanted to get some school action shots.
Pets was the lesson today. We learned about all the different kind of animals that people have in their homes for pets. The watched the fish swim in his tank and feed him some food. Then I brought Hatcher out. They were a little nervous but soon loved his company. They all took him on a walk each with their own leash.

Taking hatcher for a walk up the street.

They also filled his food bowl and water bowl. For our crafts they decorated doggie bones with food paint and then feed them to Hatcher (what a lucky dog today).


They made kitty cat puppets and danced with them to a little kitty song.

Four little kittens stretching way up high

Then they each got a turn to lick milk out of a bowl just like little kitty's do. They all thought that was pretty cool.


We ended school playing cat, cat, dog (duck, duck, goose) and playing in the sand box.


One more school day left about Zoo animals with a field trip to the Zoo. Then its Summer Vacation.

6 comments:

amy said...

I love all the fun things you do with your kids. You are a great mom! Etta and Gibson are two of the luckiest kids I know.

Catherine said...

The girls are so funny licking the milk out of the bowls! I love that! Emily told me after preschool, "I like Traci. Traci's nice." Isn't that so cute!

Fisher Family said...

You are such a great mom. You have such cute kids, Traci. Thanks for lunch today. I'm lucky to have you as a friend. How did we ever let it get so long?

Lani said...

What a cute idea. You sure are adventurous to take that on. :-)

matt and brynnzie said...

I was so confused when Sammie told me she licked her milk. Now it makes perfect sense. She had a blast. Thank you.

Camilla said...

I had so much fun doing the preschool swap with my girls and their friends. I am looking forward to starting Tucker this fall! I am glad it worked for you and your friends too.