Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Playing in the Sand

We bought a sandbox last November. Great find at 75% off, you have to buy it when it's that cheap. I put it up over a month ago and the kids have been playing in it almost everyday since I added sand a couple weeks ago. I have been working in the backyard trying to get it looking better. Hatcher had free reign for 2 years. I haven't had a chance to take pictures at how cute Etta and Gibson play together in the sand box. Today during a break in the stormy weather the sun came out for a little "playing in the sand" time.


Just having a fun time playing in the sandbox.

The same thing happens every time. They play for a little bit by themselves. Gibson eats some sand, makes sure it hasn't changed since last time he tried it. Etta just plays with the sand until she gets board. It is now time to put sand on everything. Sand goes outside of the sandbox, on the table, in Gibby's hair, in her hair and on Hatcher. Pretty soon they are all covered from head to toe in sand, laughing.


Sand Time! (I love the action shot of the sand)


Gibby's turn for a "sand" hair wash.


Now it is Hatchy's turn.


I love playing in the sand.


Happy as can be, covered in Sand!

In the end we brush off all the sand, go inside and take baths. Then it's nap time.
Best little activity yet!

6 comments:

Cameron Family said...

What a fun time they are all having. When you don't have a beach you have to improvise.

Lani said...

It makes me crazy to think of having sand all over me. I love how those things don't bother you when you're a kid. The dirtier, the better. They're so cute playing together.

amy said...

Look at all the sand on Gibson's head. The things kids don't mind amazes me!

Catherine said...

Etta even looks mischievous in her last picture! I bet she's thinking, "Now who can I torture next by dumping sand all over them? Oh, mommy, your turn!" ;) I love sandboxes! Fun for everybody...except clean up after can be nuts!

sally said...

your littel "sand-bugs" are cute!sometimes we forget that our backyard adventures are the cheapest and funnest...thanks for reminding me, i think i'll head out to buy some sand too!

Camilla said...

Looks like fun! And yes, buying end of season is SO wise. I do it when I can, too.