Monday, May 19, 2008

A very busy Saturday - part 1

Saturday we woke up at 6:30 for a very busy day. We needed to be out of the house and to Liberty Park by 7:30am. I was running in a 5k everyone else was going to cheer me on. I have a lot of little races and big races coming up in the next 2 months and this was the first training race. We left the house by 7:20 with everyone loaded up and headed off to Liberty Park.


Etta and Gibson got cozy in the chariot and Hatcher was glad he was included.

While we were waiting we took some fun pictures. I was a beautiful morning.


Me and my little cheering team.


My amazing husband and crazy dog.


I got my number, stretched and waited for 8:00am start time.

The 5k was for Brain Injury and last year they had 250 participants. This year there was over 600 participants. Way cool. I run for the exercise, free T-shirt and goodies, But am glad the money I invest goes to good causes.



Off we go.


Here I come my first time around.


Sprinting to the finish line!

The route wasn't the best. 2 times around Liberty park. It is much better running a route you don't repeat the same route but I had fun.

5 comments:

Cameron Family said...

Look at you go! You are amazing! I really need to get into shape! You make it looks so easy, but when I try it is not as easy as you make it look.

Kathy said...

Great Job Traci! Your arms are ripped. :)

Fisher Family said...

K- We need to start coordinating with each other so that we run the same races! Good Job Traci!

amy said...

Good job on your race. You are amazing! Cute pictures of the kids in the pool and at the drive in. I haven't been to a drive in in years. Would be fun to go sometime!

Chari said...

Traci I just have to compliment you on what a great job you are doing. You look awesome, and I am so proud of the accomplishments you have made. You go girl :)