Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spa Day at Grandma Peggy's

A couple Fridays ago my mom put together a guys and girls day for her grandchildren. The girls were doing a Spa Day and the boys were headed off to the park with my brother Riley for kite flying.
My two older sisters were going to the Scrapbook expo and I thought my mom would need more help with the girls so I stayed for the spa day. (It sounded like more fun then going to a scrapbook expo).
We all wore dresses and didn't do our hair. When we go to my mom's the first thing we did was style all of our hairs. We added clips, elastics, glitter and fun. Each girl got her hair done and got to do someone else's hair.
Once our hair was all done it was time for lunch. Grandma Peggy took us all out to Winger's. We sat politely and had some delicious food.

Beautiful girls all ready for lunch.

After lunch we all changed into casual clothes so we wouldn't get our dresses dirty. My mom brought out the face cream, buckets for our feet and special soaking spa soap.
This was one of the funnest parts. All the girls loved watching a movie while soaking their feet in some warm bubble water. Grandma had the foot massager bucket and all the girls wanted to try it out.

Faces and feet getting some special treatments.

Once our faces were ex foliated and our feet were all soft and clean. It was time for painting nails and make up. Toes were painted many colors and a cute flower sticker was added. None matching fingers were painted for fun. Then came the make up. Etta had a blast with this. Her cousin Chloe helped her with lips, eyeshadow, blush and glitter. Kaydee was in charge of me and she did a wonderful job. I got green sticker earrings, bright pink lipstick and some glitter all over.


Painting tiny little toes. I painted about 40 little toes.

Make up artist Kaydee and her master piece, me.

Etta's wonderful make up look

We all had so much fun. And all the girls looked gorgeous.

Gibson hung out with us too and was happy when his guy cousins came back from the scrapbook expo to wrestle and do guy things with him.

Peyton and Gibby wrestling and playing. All the baby boy cousins playing together.

2 comments:

sally said...

your mom sure has the cutest grandkids!!! (my girls had so much fun that day...thanks for helping them feel special)!

Kathy said...

What a fun idea! Etta's eyelashes are to die for...