Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The week goes by so fast

With two children and a busy Husband a week just seems to fly by. I will start off with the 24th of July. I had always wanted to go to the days of '47 parade and so this year I told Andy I wanted to go. He being the wonderful husband he is woke up at 4:00am Wednesday morning and rode his beach cruiser bike to the parade route to find us a spot. He had found one and set up camp with a blanket and his bike. Then some lady(wt) came over and started yelling at him that it was their spot. But they hadn't marked it and so after a lot of yelling, a security officer(not a police officer), and my husband not moving, he won. The funny part was that when the security officer came over to tell him to move Andy said "I'm sorry, are you a real cop?"
He called me to come over quickly so me and the kids headed out at 6:00am for the parade that started at 9:00am. Etta loved the horses and policeman ridding their motorcycles. Gibson loved the bands. It was funny he would be fussy, squirmy or crying and once those high school marching bands would come by he would fall asleep.


After a fun morning we headed home. Naps were taken by all and then off to the Bees Baseball game. The fireworks were great but I think they are getting too long. I would like 3 little sections of fireworks and then one large finale.

Two days later we were headed off to Idaho. Andy was signed up for the Spudman Triathlon in Burley and I didn't want to stay home another weekend. We have friends up in Ririe that just got back from teaching in China. I wanted to show them how much Etta had grown and Gibson. Etta loved playing outside at their house.

For all of you to hear again how great my husband is, Salt Lake to Ririe is about 3 1/2 hours, Ririe to Burley 2 1/2 hours and Salt lake to Burley is 2 hours. Andy drove instead of 4 hours drove 12. Now I can't give him any more grief about Jackson river trip, 1200 mile motorcycle trip and a California sports trip. Love ya Sweetheart!

This week we are just relaxing until the next big event comes our way.

6 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Looks like you are still staying busy!! Sorry, I cant make it on the river....

amy said...

In the first picture is Andy cheering because he won the space over the WT lady? He seriously cracks me!

Unknown said...

Way to go Andy!!!!! I would have done the same thing. That's why I don't do crowds beacuse I will run my mouth. Your kids are so cute. Give Etta a great big grandma kiss for me. Squezzzzzzz Gibson.. Tell Andy I can not get on his site it shuts my pc down:(........

Camilla said...

Traci,
I am glad you survived your weekend. Keeping busy is the key!

Katie said...

Traci,
I didn't know you had a blog! It is so cute. You guys keep so busy. This blogging thing is addicting! I love it. I am glad you are blogging because Andy hasn't really kept up on the hatcherbones one and it is nice to see recent pictures of your kids. Gibson is adorable. I can't wait to see him!

Cody Oram said...

Holy crap thats a cute picture of Etta five'n the motorcycle cop!