Saturday, August 18, 2007

Just another week in Paradise

It has been another fun week for us. My best friend from San Diego (now she is living in Tennessee) came to visit me. Her and her family came for her sister-in-laws wedding in Idaho. They arrived very late Thursday evening due to of course delays at the airport. Me being the best direction giver there is got them lost in Sugar house. So Andy got on the phone and helped them finally reach our house. The next morning they were treated with a great breakfast by Andy; bacon, eggs and bagels. They then headed off to Idaho.

Friday I was having a slow day and didn't have the most helpful kids that morning. Etta was stealing Gibby's pacifier and also just being a terror. My sisters invited us to the Zoo, but by 11:30 I still wasn't dressed for the day. Finally getting dressed Etta, Gibson and I feel asleep on the coach. My friend Angelica called us to go to the park. We jumped up and got out the door to head over to Liberty park. Angelica and Layla brought us a milk shake and then Etta and Layla played in the fun pool and streams they have there. Here are some fun pictures of them playing together. We swapped their shoes and they both noticed that the other one was wearing their shoes.

My goal was to get Etta potty trained but after 3-4 hours of peeing and pooping everywhere with only two successful attempts. I decided to give her another month.

Sunday brought my Friend Kaci back to my house. We just sat and talked for an hour or two and then talked Andy into sushi. We then headed off to bed so we could do some fun things on Monday.
I hope that Kaci and her family will come back because I walked her and her two little boys all over Sugar house and the reward was a Jamba Juice. We took our bubble machine outside for her son Crew and Etta to play. It was really hot so we stayed in the shade. After a few minutes a car pulled up and asked if he could take our picture for the Salt Lake Tribune. Of course we said yes so we tried to act like he wasn't there. And then he said to look in the Tuesday paper in the Utah section if we made the cut. He did use us on the third page under "bubbly summer".
That night was another fun Baseball game and the only picture I took the whole time Kaci was here. (I was a slacker)
I had a ton of fun with Kaci and it seemed like no time had passed by in our friendship. Thanks for the great friendship Kaci.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I totally feel for you, I think potty training is the worst part of parenting! Both of my kids were 3 before they were potty trained! It is so difficult, but there definitely is a window of opportunity, you just have to find out when it is! I'd love to see that picture from the tribune. Put it on your blog! It was fun seeing you guys a few weeks ago. If you make it down to Cali in December you are welcome to stay here or come and visit, we can go see the christmas lights again!