Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One more day before Daddy gets home

Saturday morning was a bit crazy. Etta woke us up at 7:00am. So we did our usual routine. Change all diapers, feed all of us and get us dressed. Then I started packing for Seven Peaks. I also was packing for Gibson because he was headed to my mom's house. Not to much fun bringing him to Seven Peaks with out Andy. My plan was to be at my mom's by 10:00 and feed Gibson again. Then hopefully leave by 10:45 to reach the park around 11:30. To my surprise that is exactly what happened except when we were one street away from Seven Peaks I realized I had forgotten towels for Etta and me. Off we went to the Family Dollar store and grabbed 3 small towels that worked great.
Chari and Amy were saving great spots for us. I was able to play and give Etta my full attention and she loved that. Melissa, Jen and Baby Chase joined us around noon and we all had a great time.

We headed home to get ready to spend the evening up in Park City with Melissa, Jen and Chase.We got home at 3:00 and were going to be leaving around 5:00. 2 hours isn't much time to change, shower and get ready myself and 2 kids. And of course we had a few set backs. Etta Pooping in the tub while bathing. Then I got her out and was draining the tub she peed all over the floor. Luckily I had finished feeding Gibson and he was sleeping. (He can be such a good little boy) After cleaning up the accident Etta and I both showered together which she did not like at all. We then got dressed, made sure all car seats, the stroller and diaper bag was ready. Just then Melissa called and said they left Lehi. Great just enough time for me to get my hair done.
Heading up to Park City was so much fun. I didn't take any pictures except for Etta in the very back of Jen's pathfinder.

We eat at Red Rock, Shopped until the stores closed and then meet up with Nalani and her family. They were great and I enjoyed meeting all of them.
This weekend was great because of great friends to help stay busy and wonderful phone calls from my husband on his motorcycle trip to tell me he missed me and loved me. That is what helped me through about 4 days of being a single mother with 2 children.

Sunday afternoon was a wonderful reunion when Daddy came home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you all had a good time Etta is such a cutie, Jen said the day was great, wish I could have been there. I miss you all.......

Jeff & Melissa said...

It was fun to hang out.... we need do get together more often!!!