Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A very hot weekend

Friday:

Last week I noticed Friday was going to be a very warm/hot day. We planned on going to the Murray outside pool. Etta was excited and told me her friend Anni was coming to swim with her. Friday morning I had us all packed and ready to go around 10am. As I was heading to the truck Etta stopped and looked at me funny. Then she said, "No, my backyard, Anni is coming to swim in my backyard." How cute she thought when I told her we were going swimming it was in her little pool. I then told her we were going to a BIG pool. She wasn't to mad just a little confused.
We got there and there was bout 5 other people there. We pretty much had the pool all to ourselves. I love this pool, with two children it works our perfect. It is shallow for so long Etta can play and play and play while Gibby and I play. I was only planning on staying for about an hour, but than our friends Sarah and Anni came and boy did those two have lots of fun.
I was great having a friend to talk to while cooling off in the pool. They did make us get out every hour for water check. But we eat snacks and reapplied sunscreen. Before we left Etta wanted to go down the big slide. So Sarah watched Gibson. Once I took Etta than Anni wanted to go. They both loved the big slide and we ended up going down a number of times.
We will be going back to this pool often.

Etta just loved the pool!

Gibby was happy at the pool too.

Saturday:

Saturday Andy and I had both signed up for the Millcreek "fill the ark" 5k. He got to push the kids in the chariot while I did some more training for my big run. I didn't do very good so I am not posting my time. Andy did great with pushing the added 50 pounds of kids and stroller.
We stayed and won some fun prizes and then headed back home to relax until the Bees game that night. When we got home Andy put Etta on the love sack because she was konked out. This was the only picture I took on Saturday but it was darling.

Sweet little Angel

We had a great time at the game. It was a double header but we manage to get there in enough time to sing "Take me out to the ball game" for the first game and then watched the second game with a win for the Bees. Fireworks were awesome. Etta now likes them and Gibson seemed to like them a little better. Lot's more fireworks to come!

1 comment:

sally said...

that pool looks fun, we'll have to meet you there sometime...these lehi pools are out of control on the diaper rules, we need a new pool to go to!