Monday, June 2, 2008

Just another busy Saturday

We headed down to Bridal Veil Falls bright and early 7:00am. They were having a 10k and I need all the training I can get. I know I can just go out and run 6.2 miles on my own but it is a lot more motivating to run in a race and work on your time.
We took off around 9:00am. The trail headed up and pass the falls and then looped back around. It was a beautiful fun and pretty run. Andy and the kids surprised me at the 2 1/2 mark by the water station. Andy does a great job of cheering you on to keep you going. I picked up my pace on the way back. I had a target girl in sight the whole run and had to pass her. I finished in 1 hour 4 secs. Felt great to run the whole time and get another training race under my belt.

There were a lot of runners!

And we are off!


Making it to the first water station 2 1/2 miles


On my way back down the trail 2 miles left...


and finally sprinting to the finish!

Happy to have finished we headed to Seven Peaks. We meet up with a bunch of our friends for a fun day in the sun. We all changed into swim wear then laid out our towels, chairs and had some yummy lunch from our cooler. We played in the wave pool for about 2 hours on and off. I took Etta down a really big slide. She liked it a little but told me she didn't want to go again. Gibson was getting tired so he and I stayed while everyone headed off to the lazy river. Gibby was fast asleep when they all came back. Etta told me the lazy river was stinky so I am glad I missed out.
We relaxed and laid out in the sun for a bit. Etta hit the wave pool one more time and then we packed up and headed home. Once we were out of the parking lot both kids were fast asleep.



Just doing what Etta does best, playing in the water.


Warming up and drying off.


Exhausted from the waves in the wave pool.


What a Great Daddy!


Sun tanning with the sunscreen.

Maybe next time there will be more action shots. What a beautiful day and great family time!

6 comments:

Camilla said...

Congrats Traci! You ran it all and I think that is impressive.

amy said...

Great job on your 10k. It was good to see you at Seven Peaks. Hopefully I can hang around longer next time.

Catherine said...

Wow, another run! Way to go, Traci! Are you training for a full marathon? I've never been to Seven Peaks. I'm glad you guys has a blast!

Fisher Family said...

How does one SPRINT to the finish line?

Chari said...

That was a fun day! We hope to see you all the time! How did things work out with the season passes?

sally said...

way to go little sis...we use to hate running!?! (one of us still does:)