Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Johns Family Reunion - Red Fish Lake


On Friday our little family headed out to Idaho destination Sun Valley and Red Fish Lake. We borrowed my Dad's little car it gets better gas millage than our truck and our truck has been having some issues. For a 6 plus hour drive in the middle of no where you need something a little more reliable. (Thanks Dad).
Leaving in the early afternoon we thought would be great. By the time we hit North Salt Lake both kids were asleep. A couple hours in we passed the Idaho boarder. Than Etta and Gibson wake up. I turned on Monster Inc for them to watch. Etta had never watched a movie in the car she did great on our Airplane trip. Well about 10 minutes into the show, she starts whinnying and crying and then Blah, she vomits all over her blanket, two dolls and shirt. As calmly as possible I told Andy to pull over and tried to comfort Etta.
At the side of the rode we wiped her down, stripped her clothes off, and had her pee in the weeds. Loaded back in the car Andy sets the cruise for 75 (the speed limit) and we are driving again. About 10 minutes later we see a Idaho policeman. Again we have the cruise set and we pass him. He immediately gets behind us and pulls us over. He asked Andy why he was in such a hurry. Andy told him he had it set at 75 and would not have past him going 76 knowing the Idaho speed limit law. Needless to say the policeman was a jerk, but he didn't give us a ticket. Finally 4 hours later we reach my sisters town say "hi" and then headed up the mountains to Red Fish Lake, a cabin and bed.
We are in a darling cabin and lots of fun family members everywhere. It is beautiful up there and we took many walks along the lake, dock and mountain trails. One day we spent at the Fish Hatchery fishing and learning about the different fishes. Then we played at Sun Valley Resort, I got my hair dyed darker and everyone swam in their heated pool.
We also rented a little boat and drove it across the lake. We played family games and ate a lot of food. On the last day the whole family was going to go on the lake in a pontoon boat but they had some engine problems so we bagged it. We eat lunch at a darling little bakery. Andy and I then headed home while the rest of the family drove to ghost towns and hot springs.
The drive back wasn't any better than the drive there. Both children slept a little and then were awake most of the time fussing. Etta didn't throw up again but around 20 miles to Utah she told us she needed to poop. We had just stopped no more than 1/2 hour earlier and peed and pooped. So I told her to hold it and be a big girl we would stop soon. Big mistake crossing the Utah boarder her little voice sadly says "I have diarrhea mommy". I look back and all over her car seat and shorts is none other than a thick version of diarrhea. No where to really clean this up we make are way to Tremonton. After scrubbing the car seat the best I can, taking my daughter into the bathroom and practically giving her a bath in the sink, and then putting a diaper on her we get back on the road and thankfully get home a little over 1 1/2 later.
Needless to say, We had fun and I will go to more family reunions but they can't be more than 3 hours of driving away. We loved being with everyone.

And of course I took a ton of pictures, way to many to choose from so I learned how to do a slide show. It is long but enjoy!



4 comments:

Kathy said...

oh. my. goodness. So sorry for you, and Etta, and anyone else in the car! Hope she is feeling better!

Catherine said...

Isn't Idaho so beautiful? The lake pictures with the moutains in the background take my breath away! So pretty! The pics look great. I love your new darker hair ;) I'm just hoping Etta is feeling better now.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Wow what a fun filled adventure....that is crazy..and you went dark...i love your hair...hope all is well

Lori said...

Hey... I got a facebook friend request from andy and realized I hadn't checked hatcherbones.com in a long time. I found your link again. I wish I had as much fun as you guys do. The last time I went to red fish lake it was sooooooo cold. FREEZING! Anyway, we need to reconnect.