Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One of the Best Experiences! Logan to Park City

This last weekend I ran the Wasatch Relay from Logan to Park City with an awesome group of people. A group of 12 ran 3 legs each ranging from 3-9 miles each leg totaling 12- 19 miles each person. We were the "Who's from Whoville". Our vans were all deck out as "Thing 1 vs Thing 2".


Our two vans all decorated.

We each were characters from a Dr. Suess book. We had :
Horton the Elephant
The Onceler
The Lorax
Sam I Am
The Grinch
Hop on Pop
Star-Bellied Sneetch (my pregnant friend looked so cute with a little star on her belly)
Cindy Lou Who
Gertrude McFuzz
Yertle the Turtle
The Cat in the Hat
And I was the Fox in Sox, I cut socks off and wrote on them "Fox" and "Sox", Etta now wears them.

My Van started around 8pm and ran through the night. Our first runner was my friend Angelica, who was 4 1/2 months pregnant. As she came running in to the exchange station another team tried to pass her. She would not have that happen and gave it everything she had. She got our team pumped up!
Angelica's amazing finish.

My first leg was around 10pm and straight up hill. Not the most fun but glad to get the hardest run out of the way. We all stopped at a park to eat and sleep for about 2 hours before we were to head off to our next exchange and run again.

*Getting support from Hatcher and my Andy!

The passing of the Slap Bracelet to get me running.

I ran right next to the beautiful reservoir, but it also made me really thirsty.

Must be doing pretty good if I can lift my arm to wave.

Almost to the end.

After that leg we headed to one of our teammates home in Kamas. We showered,ate and slept a bit more before our last leg. Showering was the best!
The last leg was extremely hot for my fellow teammates. But they kicked butt. I finished up by getting the slap bracelet exchange at Deer Valley and running through Park City to the finish line. My team met me about 100 yards from the finish line and ran in with me.

Waiting to start my last leg. Very nervous.

Sprinting to the finish line with my team.

The amazing people I ran with , AKA : The Who's from Whoville

My Van 2 "Thing 2" Group

What a great experience. I am for sure planning on doing it again next year!

*Plus a bonus, I had my husband there helping out our team by volunteering. He stayed the night and supplied me with a soft bed, pillow and blankets for my 1 hour and 45 minutes of sleep. Then he cheered me on my second leg of running. He stopped quite a bit to snap pictures, cheered for me and gave me water. He was also there at the finish line to tell me how proud he was of me. What a great husband. I loved the support and know he spent a lot of time driving around and waiting around at the finish line.
Thank you so much, I Love ya sweetie!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm SO impressed with ya Trace! (see your nickname works great being typed out) :) I would love to run with you next year. It sounds like it was an unforgettable experience!

Cameron Family said...

All I have to say is, "You Rock!" I cannot believe that you did it! What an amazing experience!

amy said...

You amaze me! You would seriously run laps around me. I am glad it was a great experience for you. Great job!

Tiffany Walker said...

You are AMAZING! How fun and how neat. What a wonderful experience. Congrats on completing such a fun race. It was so fun to see the pics and hear your "running story".

Unknown said...

I agree that it was one of the best experiences ever! Great job and I can't wait to put together a team for next year!

Chari said...

Traci you are so awesome! I just can't tell you enough how inspiring you are! I wish I could run like that. You go girl :)

Lani said...

Good for you! That's so awesome that Andy was there for most of it. How nice and supportive of him. Seriously, I think that's so cute.