Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My little Boy turns 1!

My little Gibson West turned 1 on Monday. What a sweetheart. Andy and I were excited when we found out we were going to have a baby in the middle of baseball season. Gibson is bound to have a baseball party every year.

Gibby's Birthday present. Of course eating them is better than playing with them.

Sister Etta getting in on the Action of in the Ball Pit.

We invited many of our friends and family for a little BBQ party at the park. It was great to see my cousins and their kids come. They arrived first and we talked for a while with them. Soon my family and friends arrived and the party started. We all ate Hamburgers, hot dogs or brats. Then ate baseball cupcakes that took me forever to make and did not turn out how I pictured (yeah I lack the skill for stuff like that).

Andy manning the Grill

My beautiful Baseball Cupcakes.

Angelica and Layla enjoying the party.
Birthday boy getting read to blow out his candle.

Cupcake face.

"Give me more Mommy."

Birthday kisses from sister.

Jen, Melissa and Amy enjoying Andy's good Cooking.

The kids played with water balloons and on the playground for a bit. Then we opened his presents. (Thank you to everyone for the fun toys and clothes for Gibby). He had a blast seeing new toys. He also had great little helpers opening his presents for him.

Etta and Layla telling Gibson who the present is from.

Same little helpers showing Gibson how to rip the wrapping paper.

A great little baseball toy for Gibson (and Etta) to play with.

We packed up and most of us headed to the Bees baseball game. We haven't ever sat on the grass with the kids and thought that would be the best for all the fun friends and family that came with us. Of course it was a blast after the sun went down. All the little boys Gibson's age were crawling or walking everywhere. The little girls were dancing and playing ring around the rosies. Plus their were a ton of home runs and the Bees won.

My Happy Little 1 year old!

Daddy, Gibby and Etta.

Me and my Gibby!

Ashton, Jonathan, Gibby and Chase. Fun little boys.

Etta and Emily looking for "Bumble, the Bumble Bee".

Makenna and Etta playing "Ring around the Rosies."

The girls as they "all fall down".

Not the best picture, but fun that they posted that for Gibson.

Thank you everyone who can and helped us celebrate Gibby's 1st Birthday. We had fun with all of you and love you all.

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a cutie pie! Time sure does fly, I can't believe he's already one!

Catherine said...

We really had a blast, especially hanging out with you guys at the game! Thanks again for the invite. We'll look forward to next year's party.
Oh, and you really did a great job with the cupcakes. They were so cute and yummy! :)

Kathy said...

Happy birthday Gibson! He looks so grown up. What a fun party.

amy said...

Crazy how fast the last year has gone! Thanks for the invite to the party. I am glad I could come and hang out for a little while.

Camilla said...

I can't believe he is already 1! Such cute children you have. Glad they are having a fun summer.=)