Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Playing at the Park

My friend and I have been planning on going to the park for about 2 weeks now. With schedules and the weather we finally made it to the park yesterday. It wasn't the prettiest day but it was great to get out and see the kids have fun.
Gibson loved the wood chips and would grab them up, try to eat a few and then hold onto the rest of them forever. Johnathon was swing and having a fun time. He was only taking up half the space so Catherine and I decided to put Gibson behind him. They both got a kick out of it and so did we. We both said "darn, I wish I brought my camera." Then we realized we had our phones. We just kept snapping away at our two handsome boys.


Catherine giving them a little push.

Gibby making sure he can see me.

The boys just chill'n

Gibby loves swinging and had a great time.
(notice Gibby's hands are clenched, they are full of wood chips)


Etta loves the swings but after a while saw Emily going down the slide and so she was off to play with the bigger toys. She is a great little climber and will only go down one slide the whole time. There were 3 other slides but she found the biggest and stayed on it.
I took Gibby down the littler slide and he laughed, it was darling. Etta then joined in and I took some cute pictures of them at the bottom together.


Etta was trying to show Gibby how to slide down.

As we were leaving Etta saw a boy climbing up some poles and decided she was old enough to do it herself. She did great, but on the way down she needed a little help.


What a big girl!

It was so much fun just chatting and being with friends while the kids got some energy out. I love the park and look forward to many more trips to all the many parks around the city.

Thanks Catherine!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Sweet! I get to be the first one to post a comment! I laughed when I saw your blog and realized you had already posted our fun park pictures! You're so quick! The boys were so funny in that swing together, both of them looking a little confused and making sure mom was close by! :) I love that we have kids the same age, girls and boys and that we connect so well! Love ya Traci!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

how fun...parks are like going to lagoon for adults....they never want to leave the park... your little ones are getting so big.i can't believe it.....hope all is well

Lani said...

Your kids are so dang cute. I can't believe Etta is big enough to be so indepedent at the park. She was just barely a baby! :-)

Kathy said...

Let's hope for some more great weather so we can get back outside. Fun to see the kids enjoying the park. Spring is almost here!