Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Part Four: Last Day

Our last day in California. We picked up Grandma Etta for breakfast to say "Good Bye, hope to see ya soon." We have been eating at a little shop on Murtal in Monrovia for 6 years. It is so tasty. Etta had to have French toast and Bacon, so we shared a large plate. Delicious!
It was now off to the Race Track. I love going to the Santa Anita Race Track. The horses are gorgeous and it is fun to see and feel the excitement off the crowd when the horses are racing to the finish line. They were also having a little family carnival. After watching one race we headed to the inside of the track for some little kid fun. It was a very warm day and the lines were pretty long. We took Etta and Gibson to the pony rides so they could be little Jockey's. Gibby didn't like it at first but then loved touching the ponies hair. By the end of the ride he was giggling. Etta was a pro. She has been on horsey rides before and liked going by herself. We hit the bouncy toys for Etta and then went back to the bleachers to see one more race. I wanted to get to the beach before our flight so we headed to Santa Monica Beach. We unloaded the kids, changed into our suits and rubbed on the sunscreen. I love the beach and Etta was really excited to "go swimming". Of course she just played, splashed and laughed instead of swam but had tons of fun. Gibby didn't quite know what to think about the sand. He of course tried to eat it. And then came the water. Oh, did he hate that. I was a little mean and sat him down for a few waves. He screamed and flared his arms so I picked him up. Didn't want to scar him for life again. I held him for a little while we played than daddy took him back to play in the sand with him. Etta and I played for a long time jumping over the waves, trying to catch them and just enjoying the water. She told me that she LOVES the ocean too.

We just had to go walk the pier. When we reached the top of the stairs I noticed a recognizable face. We watched the Biggest Loser Show for the first time this season and there sanding just a few feet from us was Mark. I of course wanted a picture so we went up and asked him. He was really nice and said "What about Curtis". Yep, there was Curtis who go booted off the 2nd week. He looked great and was wearing sunglasses so he wasn't as noticeable. I got my five minutes and picture with semi-famous people. I was happy, we can go know. We walked around a bit more than said "good bye" to California.

What a wonderful Family Vacation. Not to long but just perfect. I will have great memories of Disneyland, a dodger game and the beach in 2008 with my perfect family. I hope Etta and Gibson will enjoy reading and seeing the fun they had.

3 comments:

amy said...

Etta looks so cute in the bikini...I love the saggy bum picture. I am glad y'all had a great time!

Katie said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. I loved reading your Disneyland post. You are so good at describing all the details! Your kids look adorable and must have had an amazing time. (and you look awesome in a bikini!!!)

Cameron Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! They look so cute in there little swimsuits at the beach! Makes me excited for Seven Peaks this year!