Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Here are some pictures of Etta's and Gibson's 4th of July outfits. Being that they are both children there outfits didn't make it very long. Etta spilled breakfast all over hers and Gibson pooped all in his. Needless to say they looked so cute. Thank you Grandma Donna for them and they will still be warn through out the summer.


We headed to Seven Peaks at 9:59am. I wanted to leave by 10:00 and felt so proud that my family of 4 made it out of the house on time. When we reached Provo the freedom festival parade was still happening and a lot of main roads were blocked off. We had to take a bunch of different back streets along with a few u-turns but finally made it to Seven Peaks. Etta could hardly wait to go get out in the water, so I made sure she was lathered up on sunscreen before we even reached our spot for the day. We found Melissa, Amy and Rylee sitting in the sun and saving us a nice spot close to the wave pool. Gibson being only 10 days old just hung out in his little tent and enjoyed the warm air. He loves being warm so he was set and slept the whole time. Andy went out and played with Rylee, Etta and Melissa most of the day in the water. But I did manage to play with Etta a bit in the wave pool during the waves. She loved bending down and trying to catch the wave. Every now and then one would knock her down and wash over her. She would just jump right up laugh and go at it again. I love that about her. She loves life.



After the fun we headed back home to get ready for the Bees baseball game. Gibson's very first game. We had lots of help from Keith and his family with Etta and Jory and Anna helped out with Gibson. The game was awesome. The Sky Sox's tied the game in the top of the 9th, with a runner on 2nd the batter hit a Home Run. We (I) all thought extra innings, no, I just want the fireworks. Our boys pulled through for us with a walk off Home Run in the bottom of the 9th. No extra innings on to the fireworks. The fireworks were amazing with music in the back ground. I loved looking behind me every now and then to just watch Etta's face. She would also pat me on the shoulder and then point to the fireworks. I love fireworks and of course they made me teary eyed.



After the game we headed back home for Andy's own firework show. We invited some friends up the street who came to enjoy some illegal fireworks. Andy probably enjoyed them the most.
We had a great 4th of July and are looking forward to many more.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Great fun! Glad to see and hear how everyone is doing.

Unknown said...

What a cute family I can't wait to see you all,I will need to get my hands on the baby and of course that little beauty of yours. See you all soon. love momacoates