Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th of July weekend- part 2: Saturday July 4th!

I woke up pretty early on the 4th of July, showered and then laid back in bed. I had a full day planned but had a feeling we weren't going to be doing it. I decided to have us skip the Millcreek parade and breakfast since my whole family (including my dogs) where still asleep at 8. I started making red and blue pancakes with blueberries and cherries. I decorated the table with 2 blue place mats and 2 red ones. Put my sparkling centerpiece int he middle. The kids came up and were so excited. It is always fun to put a little more effort in on Holidays.
I found a daring hairstyle for Etta, the little firecracker, and had tons of fun doing it. I had to fix it at least 5 more times through out the day.

The Firecracker hair style

My goofy little firecracker!

We tried to head out to Sugarhouse Festivals in the morning but Gibby just wouldn't have it. He was having a terrible tantrum and sitting next to Etta in the Chariot he was biting, pinching and pulling her hair. We made it to the top of the street and just turned around. Gibby went to bed, Etta and I painted fingernails and puzzles, and Daddy worked on his chicken coop. Once Andy got the nest area built he told us to come paint it. Etta and I had lots of fun. Andy made me fix Etta's paint up a bit. We need to make it look presentable, right?

Etta painting her Masterpiece

Beautiful pink mountains with glow in the dark moon and stars

We headed off to go Bowling in the afternoon. Get out of the heat and have some fun. We get two Jr games for the kids, they don't have shoes that fit my kids so we play for under $5. Sweet! They both get so excited and after every ball every one gets a High Five. I guess after bowling the kids and dad get chicken wings so we hit up the Chicken Coop for some very tasty chicken wings and fries.

Daddy helping Gibby carry his ball

Very excited Gibby after bowling his ball

Pretty girl waiting her turn

Gibby loved just watching his ball roll all the way down the lane

Here goes my little bowler- Grandma Etta May and Grandma Evelyn would be proud

High fives for all - Etta didn't even wait for all the pins to fall down- Strike!

We are so cute!

Helping give Gibby's ball a little push

We headed off to Sugar house to see the fun festival they put on. Booths, food, music and fireworks. I had decorated the bikes all up because I had planned on us being in a parade that morning but that didn't pan out. We rode are decorated bikes all over Sugar house. We stopped off and got some Gelato and daddy picked up some cards and coloring books to keep us entertained while waiting for the fireworks at the park. We were all having a great time until 20 min before the fireworks went off and a group of people pretty much sat on top of us to get a spot. They guy was annoying and I thought for sure Andy was going to turn around and punch him.

Bikes and Chariot all decked out in Red, White and Blue

Yum yum Gelato

Etta wanted this picture of her holder her balloon, my silly girl

Drinking every last drop of Gelato

Daddy got the goods!

Etta got a princess coloring book and the first page she colored was Snow White

Gibby loving his vroom vroom "Car" coloring book

Sweet little kids coloring so nicely

Andy enjoying some good BBQ

The red white and blue group, gotta love dressing up for the holiday

Silly Etta dancing with her glow sticks

Watching fireworks from people close by the park

Being silly and climbing around

More pics of the beautiful fireworks:

Once over Gibson through his 3rd tantrum of the day so it took us a bit longer to get home but we weren't in a big hurry. Sweet sleep was how we ended our 4th of July day.
Happy American Day!

No comments: