Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th of July weekend- part 1: Friday

I tried to keep us busy this weekend and Andy tried to keep us at home. In the end we both got a nice combination of both.

Friday I had planned Murray Pool and the Canyons Concert. We started off cleaning and organizing the office and then headed off to the Murry Pool. I love that place and we wanted to take daddy there. I hung out with Gibby in the most shallow end. While daddy and Etta went off all over the pool. After the water break they do to check the pool for poop. We all went down the slide. Etta loved it and went over and over again. Gibson hated it and wouldn't let go of me or daddy the rest of the time. I sang a fun fish song and we all danced and went swimming like little fish and then headed home.

All ready to go swimming

Trying to teach eye protection and to wear sunglasses more- aren't they just darling?

Gibby loved this part of the pool, shallow and safe

Just to cute

My little fishes

Playing with her Daddy

Gibby staying in the shallow end

Loving the water, the sun and my kids

Where is Gibby?

Andy made us some delicious cheese hamburgers and then it was nap time. We relaxed the rest of the evening instead of going up to the Canyons for a concert (I had previously planned for us). Around 9pm I loaded the Love Sac in the back of the truck and told everyone we were off to watch fireworks. We stopped to get some treats and parked in a car wash parking lot to watch fireworks. Etta and Gibson loved having the love sac in the truck, Daddy relaxed, and I took pictures. Then came the fireworks. Gibby wasn't to sure about them at first but since we saw 2 other shows this weekend now loves them.

Ready to go watch fireworks, Gibby has his hat, glasses and bat and Etta has her piggy slippers

The family, the truck(we no longer have), and the Love Sac

We are so happy to wait and watch fireworks, mom

My cool little boy eating a Twix

Happy Daddy and Gibby just relaxing


My camera has a firework setting and we got some sweet shots. A great start to a fun weekend.

2 comments:

sally said...

hey traci, we missed seeing you, hopefully steel days???

donnajean said...

Looks like a wonderful 4th of July...again, THANK YOU for sharing your story and pictures.
No more truck???