Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cherry Hill, Softball, New Car and the Drive-In

My good friend April invited us to Cherry Hill last week. I have always wanted to go and Etta was excited to go to a water park. I packed us a delicious lunch of fruit, veggies, sandwiches, the works. We loaded up the car and headed to April's. We followed them up and half way to Cherry Hill I realized I forgot to put the cooler in the car. I was so sad.
We had a great time sliding down the little slide and playing in the pirates cove. The Lazy river was OK until April let up barrow a floaty for Gibby and then it was awesome. We went around at least 10 times!
We can't wait to go again and spend some more fun time with April, Makenna, Ashton and Cole. I have to bring my cooler the next time!

Off to Cherry Hill

Gibby and Ashton showing me dirty hands

Gibby playing cars instead of eating

Makenna and Etta enjoying some popcorn chicken

Etta wanted this picture taken to show how cold she was, cute face

Our favorite part the kiddie area

April, Ashton and Cole cooling off

Having a good time in the water

My little fishy

Etta and Makenna smiling away (Gibby being a silly)

Andy and I are in a co-ed softball league. It has been fun to play in and keeps us active somewhat. I have never taken any pictures because I am playing and forget so I had to take a quick shot of us before the game. Notice our new car :) We sold our truck and bought a Volvo!

Yeah, we are called the Ghetto All Stars

After our Game, in which we lost badly. We headed off to the drive-in to try out our new car. We have loved going to the drive-in. With the truck we just loaded up the futon mattress and had a comfy little bed.
Our new car is a Volvo V70 and I love it. It isn't brand new but new to me and I couldn't be happier. We brought pillows and blankets, laid the kids in the back and set up chairs for ourselves. The kids had fun but had a hard time falling to sleep. Once they were out Andy and I enjoyed the 2nd movie. We arrived home around 2:30. It was great because it was not busy at all, yet the returning home so late reminded us why you go on the weekends.

My new ride

Love the wagons

Getting set up

Perfect little beds

Thinking this is pretty cool


Our new car worked out pretty nicely. So, we will be attending many more movies at the drive-in!

4 comments:

sally said...

from a pick-up to a wagon....hmmm, a wagon can hold more kids!?! are you trying to tell us something? :)-

Andy Chase said...

How can a wagon hold more kids?

Truck = 6 seatbelts
Wagon = 5 seatbelts

So yes, I guess we are trying to tell you something- we are done having kids.

sally said...

that's too bad...the world could use a few more cute ettas and gibbys!!! :)

jakenapril said...

so i'm finally getting around to catching up on blogs...
love, love, love the volvo!!! and it looks like it's great at the drive-in as well. we will have to go sometime. and we had a b-l-a-s-t at cherry hill too. thanks for the great pics. could you send me some...since i was otherwise occupied by cole and the 2-year old who wouldn't walk...
thanks a bunch! and anytime you want to go, just let us know.