Sunday, June 7, 2009

Etta's Big Night

My little Etta has been taking tap and ballet for the last 5 months. I think she likes dressing up in her leotard, tights and shoes more than the actually act of dancing but it is cute. Last month they had pictures taken and they are a bit silly but darling too.

This one is my favorite

Her little class in their tap costumes

Silly one- love the belly!

The class in the ballet costumes

Saturday was her big day! We headed off to dress rehearsal that morning and I got to see the girls do their dances for the first time. They were all darling. I guess I expected a bit more but they are only 3 and they have never done anything like this before. When her and Anni came out they both waved to me and Gibson and finally half way through the dance they started the movements. I explained to the girls after they should come out with smiles on and watch the teach and dance for everyone. Well that backfired(explain later).
After rehearsal we headed to brunch with Brynn, Sammie and Lucy. Sammie loves Village Inn and my girls didn't care so off we went. All three were being silly but ate great. Cute little friendships developing, just darling!

Etta eating French toast

Sammie showing me her pancakes

Gibby couldn't get the food in fast enough

Anni loving her food

3 silly friends : Sammie, Anni and Etta

We had Anni over again at 3:30 to do hair and make-up (yes I put blush, lip gloss and cream sparkly eye shadow on the). Off we went to get ready for the big Dance Recital. They were both so excited.

A quick picture

Excited

Once they were both dressed and ready I headed to my seat to wait for Daddy and Gibby. Gibson love every minute of it. He clapped after every dancer and when Etta and Anni came out he yelled to both of them "Yeah, Detta, Hi Anni. Yeah, Detta", clapping his little hands off. Etta came out not waving but picking her nose. I should have just let her wave!
After the recital I hurried backstage to help Etta and get some pictures. My dad and Jenny came and had given her flowers. They thought she only had one dance so they came backstage after the first dance. Jenny then helped Etta into her costume. Thanks to both of them very much!

Mommy and daughter

Etta and her Dance Teacher

Andy asked Etta where she wanted to go out to eat. She said "Pasta". I chose Red Rock, it has pasta :). We had so much fun congratulating Etta and she felt like a beautiful princess and loved the attention.

Family Picture


Etta chose to sit outside

Flowers Daddy picked right out of our garden

My flowers smell pretty

Smile and tilt your head

Gibby trying to do the whole "head tilt" pose

Oh, how I love my kids and can't wait until the next fun program or sporting event they will participate in. Here is to many more years of my kids participating in many more events!

4 comments:

Peg said...

This is Jenny, Etta was soo cute dancing. She was worth the trip. We had fun cheering for her, you and your family are loved by me! Love ya always, Jenny.

sally said...

picking her nose...that's awesome! parker cheated at his swim meet last saturday, he held on to the rope while pulling himself along and got first place on the stroke...kids rock!

matt and brynnzie said...

Thanks for coming to Breakfast. We had a blast. Etta was adorable at the recital. It is always fun to watch the preschool classes dance because they do the unexpected.

jakenapril said...

good grief, where have i been? you are so exciting...we so need to hang out more often. etta is such a beautiful little dancer, even if she does pick her nose! i could tell you stories of other dancers i know who've done the same, some worse. how fun to have such great adventures, and all because of dance! and i love the camping in the backyard with dad--too much fun! how nice of andy to oblige...after the game, of course!