Monday, January 28, 2008

Stealing Pictures

So this last weekend we had a lot of fun as a family and I forgot to bring my camera. So thanks to those that were there at some of the same activities I have (stolen) borrowed their pictures for my blog.

Brad Paisley

On Thursday night Andy took me to the Brad Paisley concert. We went with our good friends Melissa and Joel. We went to dinner at Fiddler's Elbow. I had not been their since I was pregnant with Etta because it is a private club for members and you have to be 21 and older. It has great food and tons of TVs everywhere. Melissa and I kept looking at the clock to make sure we weren't going to miss any of the show. We arrived just as the first singer "Chuck Wicks" was performing. I had never heard of him before but he did sing a song that made me cry, "Stealing Cinderella". Of course it reminded me of Etta. All daughter and son songs remind me of my children.
Next was Rodney Atkins. He has some really good songs but doesn't play the guitar. He had the guitar as a prop the whole time.
And finally the best part Brad himself. Now that boy can play. I loved everyone of his songs. Andy even knew about 10 of them. I loved being there with Andy. In the past when I had attended country concerts with my sisters and mom we would look at the couples and wish our husbands would, hold our hands, wrap their arm around us and sway with the music. And MY Andy did that with me.
Thanks Sweetie!

Hockey

On Friday we took Etta's friend Anni and her Mom and Dad(Kalai) to the Hockey game. They grew up in Alaska and like Hockey. Right when we got their the game started. The referee dropped the puck and all the players left the circle except two. One guy called the other guy out and off went the helmet and they started fighting. Crazy!
We enjoyed the game and had some yummy nachos. Etta and Anni shared some dip in dots "Ice cream of the future". It is always fun hanging out with other families.

Saturday

We had a busy day on Saturday. We headed out the door at 8:45a m. We needed to drop Andy off down town for Outdoor Retail Show and then head down to Pleasant Grove. We also needed to make a stop at the store for some wrapping paper and bows for our Baby shower and Birthday party we were going to.
We went to Nalani's baby shower. They had a ton of great food and friends. Nalani received a ton of fun baby items that should keep her well stocked up for when her little boy comes.
After the baby shower we went over to Amy and Rylee's house to help get cupcakes ready for the birthday party. Amy had made cupcakes to put on top of ice cream cones for little microphones. They went perfectly with the "High School Musical" theme party.

Etta got invited to Rylee's 5th birthday party at Kangaroo Zoo and that is all she talked about all week. So when we finally got to the Party she was off and running and jumping everywhere.

We All had a ton of fun.

And Gibson LOVED the microphone cupcakes.

We ended the night at Golden Corral for my Grandmother's 84th Birthday Dinner. With family and food we all had a great time. We even sang "Happy Birthday to you" an extra time to my grandma. My sisters just wanted to make sure she heard it in case she missed it the first time.



1 comment:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Fun times... we need to hit the boys up for more country concerts!!