Thursday, January 3, 2008

Potty Trained

I have been slowly working on potty training Etta. I didn't want to stress her out or make her scared to go potty. I started about at the first of November. When ever she would pee in the toilet she would get a lemon head even if her diaper was wet. After about 2 weeks she then would have dry diapers and would now pee and poop in the toilet. She still had many accidents and so I held off on panties. She wasn't in panties until Christmas when she got princess underwear in her stockings. She loved those. She only had a few accidents in them and was really sad when she peed on her princesses. I didn't want to use pull-up so it was a clean break from diapers to panties.

I can honestly say she is now potty trained. She tells me when she has to go pee or poop and hasn't had an accident. Last night at 12:30am she woke up and told me she needed to pee.

The deal we have been talking to her about is a tricycle. Ever since November it has always been "daddy buy tricycle when I pee in toilet". Every time she saw a bike she would say this over and over again. This last week we put up a picture on the fridge with 7 boxes that she colored in each day she didn't have an accident or if she had just one small accident. Well last night she colored her last box. Andy pulled out the tricycle and put it together for her. She now says "my tricycle pedal, pedal, pedal".

One square left, now no more squares! yeah!


Daddy and Etta putting her tricycle together. Gibby helping with the seat.


Etta potty trained and riding her new tricycle.


I am glad to have one child out of diapers! yeah!

7 comments:

The Clingers said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you only have one child in diapers!?! Go Etta!!

The Clingers said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you only have one child in diapers!?! Go Etta!!

Cameron Family said...

That is awesome! She is such a smarty and gets things quickly!

Lani said...

That's such a cute way to get her potty trained. Good job! I've decided that you're one of the most creative moms that I know and you do WAY fun things with your kids. I hope your kids appreciate it. :-)

amy said...

Way to go Etta! She looks so happy to have her tricycle.

sally said...

Way to go little etta!!!

Camilla said...

That is wonderful, trust me I know the feeling! No one in diapers at our house!