Friday, January 11, 2008

First Tooth and First Dentist Visit

First Tooth

Gibson got his first tooth on Wednesday. Him and Etta have been sick this last weekend and on Tuesday they both still had a little cough. Well we came home from a play date at Jen's and Gibby had a fever of 103. I gave him some medicine and feed him and an hour later it was up to 104.2. So I got a ice cube and smashed it in a wet washcloth and put it on his head. 10 minutes later it was down below 103. I felt awful taking my sick kids to Jen's and them being around all the other smaller children. I let them know so hopefully their kids wouldn't get sick.
That night was just terrible with Gibson up 4 times and one time he through up all over me, himself and our bed. Wednesday morning his temperature was 99 and he was moving his pacifier back and forth in his mouth. I felt inside and low and behold a tiny little tooth was there. Those little teeth do a number on these little babies.

Can you see it?

You would think that I would have remembered about the fever because of Etta. I think each child takes a little piece of your memory away.

Happy to have a new tooth!

Not happy being on his stomach. He always just lays his head down. Not to anxious to crawl.


The Dentist

Etta went to her first Dentist check-up on Thursday. All last week when I would brush her teeth I made she to tell her the Dentist was going to be putting his hands in her mouth to check her teeth. I would rub my fingers along her gums and in the back and ask her to "open wide". We also practiced taking x-rays and being really still.
Thursday morning came, we bushed our teeth and headed to the Dentist. She sat really still and watched closely when I was getting my teeth cleaned. Then when it was her turn she wanted to get up on the big chair "all myself". She was awesome. They cleaned, flossed and counted her teeth. The whole staff was so surprise and just kept saying that she was the best little patient ever. She had great clean teeth so she slide down the chair, grabbed a toy and said "see ya next time".

Getting ready for the Dentist

Sitting really good during her cleaning

She even liked the sucker vac.

Best patient ever!

Gibby slept most of the time and when he did wake up they gave him this really cool teether with tooth brush bristles on the end. He loves it.

7 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

Cute.. Etta is turning in to such a pretty grown-up girl. We need to get togeher soon. I told Andy to check in to a Hockey game, would be fun to go to!
Im so excited for Brad Paisley... that was a nice suprise, huh?!

Cameron Family said...

So cute! She is suh a big girl now, and so smart! :) I am glad that she did so good!

amy said...

I really think it helps to prepare them like you did and find a good dentist. Rylee's dentist told her she was going to have princess teeth like Belle and she was all for it! Gibson is growing up- He will be crawling before you know it!

Camilla said...

Good Tooth news for both of your kids! Have a great week. Hopefully Gibson's will be less painful.

sally said...

I can't believe how much Etta looks like a little Traci sitting in that dentist's chair!?! What a cute niece and nephew we have!

Chari said...

What a good girl! I just can't help but be impressed with all the things you teach your kids. You really helped prepare her to have a good experience at the dentist!!

Katie said...

I don't know too many things worse than having your kid sick and throwing up all over you! Sounds like fun! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up! Little Etta is such a doll!