Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Cornbelly's and Halloween

I have been waiting for friends to email me pictures from Cornbelly's and Halloween but they never did, so here are the pics I took.

Cornbelly's

We went to cornbelly's with our friend Sarah and Anni. The girls slide down the fun slides. Gibson, Etta and I rode the cow train and then we were off to the toddler area. They had fun horse swings, wood tractors, slides and a big sand box full of kernels of corn. The girls are best friends and held hands to all the toys and then would push each other down the slide. Andy made it to cornbelly's just as we were starting to play in the corn. We covered the kids up to their necks in corn and took pictures (Sarah as these).
We stared packing up to go to another area when I noticed my wedding rings were gone. They had fallen off in the big sand box full of corn. Tons of kids were playing and throwing the corn everywhere so I just new my rings were history. I looked after Etta, Anni and Gibson as Sarah and Andy shifted through the corn. After putting a sign up that said "temporarily closed due to weather" (it was a beautiful day) and one and half hours later Sarah found my rings. YEAH! I am very thankful for friends.

Etta and Anni swinging on tires made into horses. Etta pushing Anni down the slide.

Etta helping find mommy's rings.

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween day. I dressed up the kids for Book Baby at the Library and headed off for the day. There is a Liberian at the Library that is Etta's favorite and so we took a picture with her.

Someone fell off a chair and they all looked away from the camera.

We went back home to pick up Andy and then headed over to foothill village for some trick or treating. Etta was a pro. She would say "trick or treat" and then be so excited to get candy. She wouldn't even take her bag she just held out her hands and then ran back to me to put the candy in the bag.

Posing for the camera before taking off for more candy.

We ended the night with Andy and Brad playing guitar hero and then leaving to go to the movies. I put the kids to bed and handed out candy to only 10 groups of kids. It is more than last year but still makes me sad. I am going to buy big candy bars from Costco next year and maybe the word will get around to come to my house.

2 comments:

Cameron Family said...

So scary about your wedding rings! I am glad that you found them. That was like a needle in a haystack for sure.

amy said...

I am so glad you found your rings. That is so scary! The kids look cute on their new pj's!