Friday, May 1, 2009

What we have been up to

Mid April it snowed and the kids had a fun time playing outside and trying to eat the snow. I do catch moments where they are great friends!


Etta teaching Gibby how to catch the snow

Got the snow catching down

I have been searching for a swing set forever. Finally off of KSL I got one. The kids will grow out of it in 2 years but that gives me time to save up for a nice wood one. Etta and Gibson love it, the only thing now is to finish fixing up my back yard so everything can fit. Swing set, chicken tractor(farther down), patio furniture, dogs, sandbox, swimming pool. Fun times in our backyard this summer. Everyone is welcome!


Our swing set
(I don't have a picture of it in my backyard yet, but wish my back yard looked like this.)


Andy and I biked the Salt Lake City Marathon. It was extremely cold but I kept peddling the whole time and finished in just about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Andy got done about 20 minutes before me. Once I crossed the finish line we headed to Market Street for some delicious breakfast. Then we biked home. Over 30 miles of biking that day. I hadn't been on my bike since last July for my triathlon (bad me).

My bike tour medal!

Andy has been talking about chickens, a chicken tractor and becoming a City Farmer. Well, he did it. One weekend he spent building his chicken tractor. 3 days later he brought home 4 chickens, 2 hens and 2 teenage chicks. We got 2 eggs out of our hens.

Andy building the Chicken Tractor

Almost done

The 4 chickens

Then we introduced the dogs to them and at first we thought cool they just like watching them. Nope, when you have bird dogs and then you add birds, you get dogs watching and learning how they can get them. Well, it happened 3 days after the chickens go here. Hatcher pulled the wire off the coop, got a teenage chicken, handed it over to Scoscia, and then headed back in for more. I got Hatcher back inside and the, now dead, chicken away from Scoscia. Andy is now working on stronger wire. We have learned we actually have some smart dogs.

Hatcher watching

Learning how to get those chickens

Preschool has ended for Etta. They had their last day as a party day. Playing outside with bubbles, slides, tents and Popsicles. Sarah made the most darling yearbooks for the kids. What a wonderful year, Etta and I loved every minute of our Mommy preschool. She will be going to my top choice preschool in the fall. I am so excited for her to be a big girl, go to her own preschool, and add more friends.

Playing bubbles,

games and,

Popsicles.

Darling little class picture

We have been involved in a Music Class for about 2 years. It has been so much fun for me and the kids to be around such fun moms and kids. Etta's favorite part was playing in the nursery. There has been this (ugly) darling little baby she played with every time. She told she will miss it and the baby will cry without her. We took this picture to remember the darling little baby.

Etta and her baby

One last hug!

Last but not least. My good friend Tavi has been talking about these fun pizzas for the kids to make. We got together and enjoyed making pizzas, eating them and cookies. The kiddos played while we chatted. Hopefully we will make this a monthly activity.

Darling friends and kids: Tavi, Rice, Elle, Owen, Melissa, Etta and Gibson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you guys! Can't wait to come and play in your backyard this summer!

Katie said...

You'll have to keep posting chicken updates. That is really interesting. I would LOVE to have fresh eggs--MMMMM!

sally said...

have fun in costa rica!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany Walker said...

I can't believe you have chickens! You are so ambitious! I need to be more like you guys!