Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Free trip to the Zoo

The last Wednesday of the month during the winter season the Hogle Zoo does "Free Zoo Day". We headed over there last Wednesday right as the Zoo opened. It was a beautiful morning and the kids where all so excited. Etta brought her camera and was taking pictures of everything at first. Then just wanted to look at the animal with her friends. Gibby stayed in the stroller for a bit but then wanted to walk and get up close to the animals just like all the big kids. The elephants, bears, penguins and giraffes were the favorites. Once we headed over to the tiger area we had to leave. Etta had dance so we couldn't stay the whole time. Just as we were heading out buses full of kids where coming so we weren't to sad to be leaving. We will for sure hit up the Zoo a few more times this year. Kids just love the animals!

Etta taking a picture of her monkey, she loves monkeys and says she wants to be a "monkey Dr" when she grows up.

Draling little girls just watching the Elephants eat

The Zebra's were very popular

Asking me if I can see the "ebra"

I think gibby loved that the Zebra's, they were at his level

Trying real hard to find the bears

Oh, there they are I see two bears

Mom's favorites the penguins

Gibby loved them too, I think he just loves all the animals

He couldn't take his eyes off the Giraffes and Etta was showing me how the Giraffe's eat

Showing me the tall Giraffe

My little tiger

Riding the Tiger picture

Etta loves all her friends and loves holding their hands, just darling!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Too bad we missed you guys! We were there first thing as well! It wouldn't surprise me if we would have run into you either... we seem to always do that, although it has been a while.