Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread Cookie Making/Eating

Every Year at the first of December our city Library puts on a Gingerbread activity. We sing gingerbread songs and listen to gingerbread stories. Then we get to do the most funnest thing of all... decorate and eat gingerbread men. They are the best cookies ever and the kids have so much fun. Our favorite Librarian Lisa always lets us parents have an extra one or two.
(I forgot my camera so my phone pictures saved me even though they aren't the greatest pictures)

Etta spreading on the delicious frosting

"My cookies is all done now I am going to eat it up!"

Off goes the buttons and candy...

Off goes the Head...

and now the arms.

Gibby's turn:

Frosting the tongue not the cookie. "Why take the extra step it is going to go in my mouth anyway."

One bite...

Two bites! That cookie never had a chance!

3 comments:

jakenapril said...

that sounds like a blast...and etta and gibby look like they had a great time with the gingerbread. poor cookies! but i'll bet they tasted good!

Chari said...

Yum! This makes me hungry for cookies! Fun activity for the kids :)

Cameron Family said...

That is fun! You will have to let me know when it is next year and maybe we will hit it up with you! :)