Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Fun Filled Christmas and day after

Just a small recap (ok a medium recap): Christmas Eve we just played and made chocolates for Santa. Daddy to come home with Sugar House BBQ. Daddy turned on Christmas music while we ate dinner and then all snuggled up to watch the Grinch. Etta and I we constantly tracking Santa to see where he was. Etta thought that was pretty cool ( I can't lie so did I). Etta and Gibson than opened their present of pj's, we read Twas the Night Before Christmas and then left a plate for Santa. Patted the kids heads and sent then to bed. Etta got out of bed at least 8 times. She drove me crazy. Than Andy and I opened one present from each other and headed off to bed.
Christmas morning woke me up at 6:00am with Etta saying she had peed the bed. I cleaned her up washed her bottoms and put them in the dryer. Then we headed up stairs to start breakfast. Gibby saw his basketball hoop and went over to his box of balls, grabbed the football and continued to through it at the basketball hoop, just darling. Etta helped with breakfast and clean up and then came stocking and present time.
After playing for a bit we all got dressed and headed off to my mom's house. It was a little wet outside but nothing bad. As we got closer and closer to Utah County the snow was coming down harder and harder. When we drove up to my parents house there was A LOT of snow.
Andy and I dropped the kids off and headed to see Marley and Me (we sneaked in Scosia). I loved the movie, loved the book more. Jennifer Aniston is my all time favorite actress. We headed back to my parents to eat and open presents. We had a great time and left just after 8. The snow was coming down again. We had a very slow drive home and saw a few spinning cars. We made it home safely and went straight to bed.
Saturday I still think of as Christmas because it is the day you get to actually play with your presents. The kids enjoyed playing with their little tikes toys from grandma Peggy and grandpa , their darling kitchen from Jenny and family and mickey mouse karaoke from grandma Donna and Papa Don.
Early evening we went to dinner at a great little Mexican place in Fort Union then hit target for gifts from uncle Scott (he gave them a gift certificate). Gibson of course got balls, soccer, basketball, football, and a baseball. That boy loves sports! Etta picked out darling snap beads and had fun making necklaces, rings and bracelets.
Thank you to all our Families for the wonderful presents and love!

We took so many pictures so enjoy my little slide show.

3 comments:

Cameron Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I love the pic of Gibby in his little Chef hat carrying the basket of groceries! So fun!

sally said...

we sure miss you guys...merry merry!

matt and brynnzie said...

Gibby looks so excited with all his gifts, and Etta looks like she enjoys helping in the kitchen. I'm glad it was a good one.