Monday, December 1, 2008

Etta's Birthday Party

Etta had a extremely fun Prince and Princess Birthday Party on her Birthday. I stayed up very late the night before re making her cake, that Hatcher had eaten, and putting the final touches on for her party.
We had it at a park known to the locals in the area as the "Cinderella Park". I had some great help from my good friend Melissa and my friend Sarah.
Everyone came all dressed up like princes or princesses and were just so darling. We made crowns for everyone. Then the kids played pin the fire on the dragon. Just as the game was getting over we got a surprise visit from who? ... Cinderella came and played. She hugged all the kids and the read them a story they helped put together with their favorite items. Then came the birthday cake and presents. It was so cute how each child wanted to be the one to give Etta her present. It was hard for Etta to open each one because as soon as the present was almost opened another little friend handed her their gift.
It all worked out in the end. It got a little chilly but I believe it was a success. I still get a few moms telling me how their child reminds them that they met Cinderella.

Big Thanks To!
Melissa came over early to help me pack up everything, set up the decorations and watch Gibby. It was great to have her help. Sarah finish helping with the set up and did the clean up. Thanks to both of you. I couldn't have done it with out you two. Cinderella/Megan from Andy's work. The kids just loved you and Thank you for coming all the way out here.
All the kids and parents Thanks for coming and hope you all had a great time!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Love it! So cute and so much fun for the kiddos...we're doing something similar (theme wise) in Jan for Elyse. Wish we could have been there!

Cameron Family said...

You did such a great job! The cake look awesome!

Tiffany Walker said...

What a cute birthday party. Brilliant idea to have "Cinderella" come. I guess I never would have thought of that. She is adorable and I am glad she had a fun birthday!

Ami Stokes said...

Super cute...I wish I could have been there. Awesome job on the cake Traci!

SHIPP said...

I love little girls, and Etta is definitely a princess. I love her cake!

jakenapril said...

super fun day, traci. my kids had a b-l-a-s-t. and the cake was super amazing, the second time around! what a great mom you are...and what a super party gal you are. thanks!