Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Preschool - First Day of School

Etta is still only 2 and so I (and Andy) decided to wait until next year to do a true Preschool. This year we are doing the Joy School Preschool again with some Mom and Etta's friends. They had their first class on Monday at my house. Etta was so excited. She wanted me to take tons of pictures of her before her friends got here.

Striking a pose

Wanting to dance

Still either dancing or posing

At school she did great. We learned the letter A and all the kids traced in on the white board. They also practiced writing the number one but in the end they all just colored their pages. We had story time, songs, they each answered questions about themselves and I measured them to see how tall they are. At the end of preschool in Dec I will measure them again and they will see how much they have grown.
It went really well and all the kids play and participate great. Etta can't wait until school next week. She loves playing with her friends and is having fun learning at the same time.

Her fun little class: Audrey, Holden, Emily, Etta, Anni and Adam

6 comments:

Tiffany Walker said...

She is adorable. Her hair is getting so long. I am sure she loves preschool. I love that she is such a poser. I have to literally pull teeth sometimes to get my kids to take a picture.

Catherine said...

Cute little poser! Emily had fun at preschool, too. Thanks again for teaching. I can't wait till it's my turn to teach!

matt and brynnzie said...

I am so excited for all of you. It sounds like it was a fun day. I especially love Audrey looking all starry eyed at Holden. Have fun with the class.

Camilla said...

I really enjoy doing the home preschool with my kids too! Plus, I love rotating, you get to have fun teaching, but don't have to do it all either.

Enjoyed reading the updates. So glad your family is doing well.
Love, Cami

Chari said...

Traci Etta looks so pretty in her "first day of school" pics. What a doll she is! Good job with the pre-school, I'll have to bring our little girl up to you ;)

Cameron Family said...

She is so dang cute and loves her pre school. How fun!