Thursday, September 17, 2009

The State Fair - 8yrs straight!

We (I) love the State Fair. Andy has been taking me every year since we have been married. This is now our 8th times to the State Fair. We sure have fun all over the fair grounds and keep going back year after year.
We first went to the little hands on the farm. Andy was really excited to take the kids here this year because of his "city farming" he has been doing. Etta loved milking the cow and combing the lamb. Gibson, however, wouldn't go near either of them because they were making noises but it wasn't coming from their mouths. At the end, in the market, both my darling kids chose apples. I love that. They have candy, chips and cereal and they get apples!
Off to the big yellow slide, our next favorite activity. Etta rode with Andy and Gibson jumped on my lap. The funniest thing ever was that Gibson was wearing his baseball hat and going down the slide made it about fly off. Well, Gibson grab it half way down the slide and at the end said "I almost lost my hat" I laughed and he pulled my face and said it again. Dang cute.
Now it was time for the live animals. Andy didn't really want to see all of them just the chickens. I talked him into going and seeing the pigs then the cows. Then we spent the next hour looking for the chickens. We never found them. A very sad Andy and a very hungry Etta wanted pizza. We all enjoyed our pizza then Gibson wanted to see "vroom vroom Cars" so we headed off to the race cars. Once he was satisfied and said good bye to the cars we headed home.

I can't wait until next year!

*Special thanks to Matt for the picture of us on the yellow slide, and thanks Brynn for sending it over.

3 comments:

matt and brynnzie said...

You didn't have to give props. It was a lot of fun seeing you there as well. Bring on the fall fun. I'm glad that I have a friend that loves Halloween festivities as much as me.

Catherine said...

What a blast! We're going tomorrow night since my parents are in town, and we're excited. The hands-on farm is just too cute!

donnajean said...

Great pics...thanks for sharing 'em.
The fair looks like so much fun for the kids...that'd be a fun time to come visit, maybe next year?