Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Pumpkins for Halloween

The Pumpkin Patch

We were invited to go with some friends to their preschool pumpkin patch field trip. The kids loved it and had tons of fun! It was a bit rainy but a wonderful fall day.


Listening to how pumpkins grow and all the many different kids of pumpkins


Time to choose our pumpkin ( I love Gibby's gloves that aren't on correctly)


Mine! (I think mainly because he could carry it himself)


Etta picked one she could hold but was still a good size


Our Halloween Pumpkins


Gibby carrying his pumpkin to the car

They had a little hay stacked maze for little kids. I loved it because I could follow their heads and yet they couldn't see over.

Starting the maze:

This way everyone



Gibby giving a look out for the best route to take


Etta making her way through, I love this picture it is so dang cute


Helping each other through the maze


Under the bridge and the end of the maze!

It was a fun little activity. I am a little bummed I didn't do as much as I wanted to in the area of activities but we had fun when we did go out.

Time to Decorate our Pumpkins

We had fun one evening painting and glittering up our pumpkins. We were going to carve them but Etta didn't want to cut her pumpkin and Gibson's was a little small so I busted out the paint and glitter and they had a ton of fun. Plus I didn't have to carve all of them, which is what usually happens.


All ready

Etta and her pumpkin:

She started with a face


Just a few more sprinkles


The beautiful pumpkin, designed by Etta

Gibby and his pumpkin:

Orange for the first layers


Next is the green and glitter


washing off the brush


Finished pumpkin

I forgot to take a picture of mine but the kiddos did love the candle light inside mommy's pumpkin and said next year we can cut all the pumpkins.

No comments: