Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt & First Baseball Game of the '09 Season

We got up and left our house really early this morning to hit the Easter Egg hunt at Franklin Covey Field (please don't remind me that they have changed it). As we drove up I was thinking this is a mistake. There were tons of people already in line. More people then attend the games! We arrived right as they were opening the gates so we jumped in line and headed to the playground area. We waited for another 40 min before they took us down to the playground. I chatted with a nice mom who had a daughter Gibson's age. She was super sweet.
Once down at the playground we were told to wait until everyone was in place. Of course there were parents letting their kids get eggs already. And then when they finally let the kids hunt it lasted 20 sec, parents where grabbing eggs for their kids and stuffing them in the bags and my little ones ended up with; Gibson 2 Etta 3. Not a happy mommy!

Etta was telling me she was so excited to hunt for eggs

Me and my kids waiting to go hunt

Look at all those eggs, yep took home 5

Gibby had his eye/foot on the one he wanted

Ready... set.. hunt!

Since it ended so terrible the nice mom (Angela) asked if we wanted to go hunt at her mom's who live right up from where we live. Her, her 5 girls and her husband let us participate in there fun Easter Egg Hunt.
They filled over 50 eggs and let the kids go get them. We then emptied the eggs out and they filled them some more with more goodies and hid them again. I forgot to take pictures but her dad was taking some so I may add a few pics later.
What a sweet and caring family I met and I hope and wish the best for them.



Our First Baseball game of the Season (many, many more to come!)

We headed to the ballpark around 2 for our first game. I was way excited but Gibby was more. He said "bab-ball" the minute we drove pass the stadium. He continued to say it non stop from our walk (which he even tried to get us to run a little), to the stadium, to our seats and half way through the inning (we arrived at the bottom of the first) . It was so cute. He would point at the pitcher, the batter, the third baseman, then he saw the train and "train" and "Choo choo" where then his favorite words. Until spotted Bumble his word changed to "bumble".What a fun little guy, I just love him.
Etta wasn't to excited for the game until I mentioned we would get a hot dog than she was happy. We saw our favorite season holder friends, Lori and Kristen.The kids where a bit shy with them at first and then warmed up a little. I am sure with a few more games this season they will be fast friends.
We stayed until after the seventh inning stretch and singing "take me out to the ball game". With the rain and wind it was a bit to cold and our Bees where down 7-2. We still had a great time!

Gibby loved the first inning or two before he got a bit restless

Darling Kristen with Darling Etta

Lori, Etta and Gibson

Me and my kiddos at the Bees game, yeah!

Great job by Etta taking a picture of the game

Gibby got his first ball of the season. We were standing up waiting to give Bumble five when one of the pitchers from the other team (Reno Aces) walked by, gave Gibby five and handed him a ball. He was so excited he forgot about bumble and held his ball the whole rest of the game and the rest of the night at home too.

Telling me "my basball", Etta sad she didn't get one. She will get one at another game I am sure.

Gibby trying to put on Daddy's mitt, he will need some practice

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes me mad at all of the parents who grabbed eggs for their kids. Greedy bastards.

Katie said...

Seriously cute kids, Traci. You need to post more pictures of you, too--I love to see ya!

Peg said...

what cuties. i am surprised you didn't take out a few of the grabby parents. j/k. love your posts. xoxo mom

The Crazy Clawson's said...

how fun...they are just getting so big...hope all is well for your family...

SHIPP said...

Long time no see. Looks like you are in the swing of spring fever. Hope to see you soon.