Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Activities - Part 3

FARMERS MARKET

Saturday over a week ago we headed to the last farmers market of the season. We walked around enjoying the fall morning, fresh food and pumpkin decorating. I helped Etta a lot with her pumpkin. She would randomly hand me items to put on her pumpkin and I would place them in the right areas. She loved her little witch pumpkin and had a great time. Gibson just like grabbing different items and throwing them on the pumpkin, going and picking up another pumpkin and tasting all the craft supplies. Andy decided on Gibson pumpkin. A hat, two eyes and a mustache.
We let Hatcher and Etta play in the dogie area for a while before heading back home to carve pumpkins.

Etta being so proud of her Witch pumpkin

One more big smile for the camera my little Witch pumpkin

Gibby and his mustache pumpkin

He also tried to wear his pumpkins hat

Etta and Hatcher making new friends

Gibby ready for his morning nap



CARVING PUMPKINS

It took me all day to carve two pumpkins. Etta loved playing with the pumpkin seeds but wasn't to into the whole carving pumpkins. Gibson hated even touching the insides. He did try to eat a few raw pumpkins seeds that was pretty funny. That night we placed a candle in our pumpkins and set them out on our porch. Then headed back inside to watch Garfield's Halloween special.


Just playing with the pumpkins seeds

Gibson just touched the inside of the pumpkin, very funny

One of at least 3 attempts to taste the raw pumpkin seeds

Our first pumpkin all carved out to be a Jack o Lantern

Our 4 little Jack O Lanterns sitting on our porch.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Okay, I just left a comment on your last post, but I had to comment on Gibby's hilarious expression after touching the yucky inside part of the pumpkin. Classic! :) You have such beautiful children. I can't believe how grown-up they both look, Traci!

sstevens said...

Ok, wow, you guys are like professional pumpkin carvers. By the was I just found you blog and I am loving reading all of your posts. You are so cute.

Fisher Family said...

NO WAY! I was this close to doing the same Jack on our pumpkin! (see my fingers eensing together) :) Great job on it. I'll have to post ours on the blog.

have fun trick or treating tomorrow!

Luvs.

Fisher Family said...

NO WAY! I was this close to doing the same Jack on our pumpkin! (see my fingers eensing together) :) Great job on it. I'll have to post ours on the blog.

have fun trick or treating tomorrow!

Luvs.

Fisher Family said...

NO WAY! I was this close to doing the same Jack on our pumpkin! (see my fingers eensing together) :) Great job on it. I'll have to post ours on the blog.

have fun trick or treating tomorrow!

Luvs.